Friday, August 19, 2011

Moving to Our First Apartment

Let me start off by saying that finding an apartment definitely wasn't an easy task. We were looking into some apartments in Midvale, Florentine Villas, but they were incredibly difficult to work with. We left on our honeymoon thinking everything would be squared away by the time we got back, but of course...it wasn't. When we got home on Sunday, we didn't have anywhere to live. It sucked. We were expecting to move that day, but it didn't happen. Apparently we "made too much money" for those apartments, which is obviously completely bogus. Such a pain in the butt. I was really super excited about moving there, too, which sucks. It was so conveniently located, even though I later learned the heart of Midvale is ghetto (who knew?)

Our difficulty w/ the a-holes at Florentine Villas later lead us to looking for some apartments in West Jordan on Monday, July 18th. We looked at a few but eventually just decided on one so that we could move in that day. We signed the papers, my nice mom rented a U-Haul, we started packin' up my crap and around 9:30 PM, it was packed up and we headed out to BFE (aka the very West of West Jordan) to move into our new place. I am so thankful that Levi's buddies, Mikey and Charlie, were there to help us, even though they had to work the next day and it was pretty late. Who moves at 10 at night? Oh that's right, us. :) I am also so glad that I had my mom and Candice there to help us move. They were such a big help putting everything together and helping me organize. My mom was SO helpful in making our apartment  feel more like a home...she filled it with everything from cleaning supplies to spices and literally everything in between that I never would've thought of!

Minus the far drive, I absolutely love our apartments. They are beautiful and you wouldn't think it's our first place with all the amazing stuff we're blessed to have. I hear all these stories from parents/grandparents about their first places being absolutely horrible and having old furniture, and it makes me so grateful to have the nice stuff I do have.

It is definitely difficult moving out after living in the same house for my entire 22 and a half years on this Earth. The first few weeks, I was so homesick. Scratch that, I still am. I'm not an emotional person at all, but I cried like a baby a few nights because I missed home, my parents and my dogs so much. Heck, I'm even getting teary eyed right now as I think about it. Such a baby. Nothing will ever replace home. I'll probably continue to go back there a million times each week, at least until my mom changes the locks on me, haha.

Apartment living is a BIG change for me. While I had to deal with my mom's snoring at home, I at least could tell her to shush up when I couldn't sleep, haha. However, in an apartment, I can pick my neighbors, unfortunately. And of course, with my luck, we ended up moving in next to some Hispanic people with a newborn baby. No, I'm not racist...the reason I bring up their race is being Hispanics are freakin LOUD when they talk. I can be in our bedroom bathroom and still hear their entire conversations when they're yelling at each other.

And the newborn baby...don't get me started. I feel like Levi and I have a baby already. Seriously. I have to wake up several times throughout the night (thankfully, I don't have to get up and feed it, haha) when the baby starts screaming and crying, and I can't take a nap in the afternoon/evening for the life of me because the annoying baby will start up again. My heck. This baby doesn't have a normal cry, might I add. It has the most obnoxious cry in the world. Literally the most annoying sound I have heard in my entire life. It almost sounds like it can't breathe. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids and I think babies are adorable... I've just never had to deal with them crying throughout the night. It's hard..and it's not even my kid. I can only imagine how difficult it'll be when I actually do have a kid and I have to wake up and feed it/change it's diaper/etc.

Let's just say, this annoying baby is the best birth control money can buy. All $953 a month is so worth the birth control.. (Okay, not really.) But seriously, it's effective. Since we have moved in, I never want to have sex again in fear that I will get pregnant. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. I am not ready for a baby. I would love a 1+ year old to play with and have a blast with, but I'm not ready for a newborn baby. I'm not ready to grow up and lose sleep every night. I want to enjoy the time we have together as newlyweds. I want to lose sleep over our petty little fights, not over a crying baby. Wait, I still lose sleep over a crying baby AND the petty fights...how does that work?

Anyway, long story short, it's a HUGE adjustment for me and definitely a new, completely different chapter in my life that is still taking time to get use to. We still have 12 months in our apartment and sometimes I feel like I'm going to shoot myself before next September gets here, but at the same time, I'm learning to cope with it and I'm learning to like being on my own. It's been fun making dinner together, cleaning the dishes, folding laundry together, making the bed, watching movies together, etc. It's not easy and I'll be honest, I don't absolutely love every minute of it (i.e. when he doesn't flush the toilet, haha) but I know it's worth it. It's so nice knowing that I have my best friend to wake up to and fall asleep next to every night. Knowing that I will always have 1 person standing by my side through thick and thin, to comfort me and love me unconditionally....that makes every single fight worth it. :)

I love you, Levi! <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home