Thursday, June 30, 2011

Little blue pills

This week, I was finally able to go see a doctor (SO grateful to have insurance again) and get these little blue pills (that I can't seem to get out of the packaging for the life of me):
The doc told me there is still a 2% chance of getting pregnant and it takes about 2 weeks of taking birth control for it to actually be effective. My worry? We are getting married in exactly 1 week (YAY YAY soo excited) and today is only my 4th day taking them. To boot, I keep hearing all these stories of people who got pregnant while on birth control. Even my mom got pregnant with Brandi while on birth control, then found out she was pregnant with me when she was going in to get her tubes tied. Ha!

Therefore, this means 2 in 100 women will get pregnant on birth control; that terrifies me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely ADORE children and I feel as though I have a niche for them and believe I'd be an incredible mom, but I am 22 years old. Despite being surrounded by a culture obsessed with starting a family at a young age, I feel as though I am far too young for children. I want to wait until we are financially ready to have a child and, call me selfish, but I want to enjoy the "honeymoon phase" together and have fun by ourselves while we're newlyweds! (Plus, I can live without gaining 40 pounds for awhile.)

I truly don't understand how so many people these days can sleep around and have meaningless sex with random people; doesn't the thought of having a child that they can't provide for scare them? Or even if they are in a relationship... Heck, I'll be a married adult with a college education, yet I feel like I'm nowhere near ready to be a parent. To each their own, I guess, but I still feel bad for all the babies being brought into the world without stability.  

Needless to say, if I end up pregnant on our honeymoon as a result of my first time having sex (that's just my kinda luck,) then I guess it's meant to be. But let's hope and pray that Levi's boys don't swim for at least 3 years and getting prego while on birth control doesn't run in the fam!

(I'm willing to put money down now to bet my first pregnancy will be twin, red-headed boys. That's karma for ya.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home