Find Out Who Your Friends Are
Whilst laying in a hammock between 2 palm trees next to the beach in Mexico (post/pictures to come,) I had some time to think all about our wedding. Honestly, I was a bit sad knowing that after 10 months of planning and preparing for our special day, it had already come and gone. I put SO much effort into the smallest details that only a handful of people actually noticed.
Looking back now, I wish someone would've slapped me in the face 7 months ago and would've told me not to worry so much. I wish I wouldn't have spent such a ridiculous amount of our parents' and my own money. I wish I wouldn't have been such a spoiled brat... I wish I didn't let planning the wedding take away from all the excitement. I wish I would've savored the day more and the time spent with our families. (After all, family is all that matters...see below.)
Regarding the actual wedding day, I wish I wouldn't have cared so much that things weren't happening the exact way I wanted them to. Lesson learned from this: I can only control myself, not other people. If I want something done MY way, I need to do it myself. Otherwise, I need to be more appreciative of the help I receive.
At the beginning stage of wedding planning, I was set on having a small wedding with only our family there. Part of me wishes I would have stuck to that instead of inviting so many "friends." I wish I hadn't gotten so upset after the wedding when I realized a lot of these "friends" didn't show up. But really, WHO CARES? My wedding was amazing without them and obviously I didn't need them there. I just wish I never even mailed them an invite in the first place; the majority of my past/present "friends" weren't even worth the 44 cents.
A wedding certainly proves who your friends are, though, I tell ya what. I am grateful for all the friends and family who cared enough to share our day with us (and for those people who tried to come but got lost/were confused by the other wedding taking place.) However, for my "friends" who couldn't find the time in their busy lives to come to my special day, obviously they were never true friends in the first place. I'll remember that whenever their days come and my life is too busy/I have better things to do than go to their weddings. :)
Regarding the actual wedding day, I wish I wouldn't have cared so much that things weren't happening the exact way I wanted them to. Lesson learned from this: I can only control myself, not other people. If I want something done MY way, I need to do it myself. Otherwise, I need to be more appreciative of the help I receive.
At the beginning stage of wedding planning, I was set on having a small wedding with only our family there. Part of me wishes I would have stuck to that instead of inviting so many "friends." I wish I hadn't gotten so upset after the wedding when I realized a lot of these "friends" didn't show up. But really, WHO CARES? My wedding was amazing without them and obviously I didn't need them there. I just wish I never even mailed them an invite in the first place; the majority of my past/present "friends" weren't even worth the 44 cents.
A wedding certainly proves who your friends are, though, I tell ya what. I am grateful for all the friends and family who cared enough to share our day with us (and for those people who tried to come but got lost/were confused by the other wedding taking place.) However, for my "friends" who couldn't find the time in their busy lives to come to my special day, obviously they were never true friends in the first place. I'll remember that whenever their days come and my life is too busy/I have better things to do than go to their weddings. :)
Part of me wants to just write off all of those friends and forget about them completely because I'm still pretty upset about it.. I'm SO sick of flaky and fake people. I have a lot of growing up to do and I'm aware that part of growing is getting rid of these useless people in my life. I have married an incredible man and I have an amazing family. That's all I need. Screw friends; clearly I've never really had much of any true friends like I thought I did. Silly me.
Moral of the story/my advice to any future brides: run away to Vegas or a beach and save yourself the trouble and stress!
Moral of the story/my advice to any future brides: run away to Vegas or a beach and save yourself the trouble and stress!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home