Wedding Day!
07-07-11! 2 years from the day I met my best friend, I finally got to marry him!! :)
I'm a little late to be posting about this, but I'm finally getting around to blogging. We've now been married for almost a month; it's hard to believe how fast time flies! The 10 months we were engaged seemed to drag on because I couldn't wait to marry my best friend, now I can't believe how it has already come and gone. Not gunna lie, it makes me sad.
Our wedding was beautiful and all the personal touches turned out lovely. I do have my regrets, of course..the main one being that I wish I hadn't been such a bridezilla. I wish I hadn't stressed so much about every little detail, when most people probably didn't even notice them. I wish I would have listened to people when they told me to slow down and take the day in because it goes by fast.
I probably stressed the day of our wedding more than I actually sat down and realized what the day was about. That is the one thing I swore I wouldn't let happen. But after planning every detail for 10 months, it's hard not to care and want it to turn out perfectly. As I learned, however, life doesn't always go as expected and you can't control every little detail. Being the perfectionist/anal/detail-oriented person that I am, though, this is hard for me to realize in the moment. Looking back, though, I feel that it was certainly a learning moment.
Nonetheless, I feel like we still had a great time. It wasn't a super hoppin' party wedding, by all means, but it was exactly what I wanted. I didn't want a million people there, I didn't want to stand in a line all night waiting for people to shake my hand. We were able to just mingle and talk to people, which was nice.I think it turned out very nicely and for the most part, things went as planned. Of course, there are always gunna be problems. I.e. the bridesmaids 'bouquets' that I hated, getting lipstick on my dress, the candles in the aisle not lighting, etc etc. But overall, looking back, it was lovely and just so darn cute.
My favorite part was definitely the cake! It was our favorite: funfetti w/ rainbow chip frosting as the filling. AMAZING! Yum yum. Levi probably didn't find it as amazing when I smeared it across his entire face, haha. I also loved the DARLING flower girl dresses my grandma, Mer Mer, made and the cute bridesmaids outfits Brandi and I picked out (Mer Mer also made their skirts.) I loved my colors...which took me forever to decide on. They were so unique and freakin' cute! I do not regret taking pink out whatsoever. :) I loved my hair, my shoes. I loved the cute hairpieces Brandi made. I LOVED my cake decorations and the flags. Soo adorable. Honestly, I loved everything and I am so happy with all the little details of everything and I am so blessed to have an amazing family that helped me out with everything.
The pictures turned out amazing and I am so happy that I chose to hire a more expensive photographer. He's incredibly talented and I can't wait to use him in the future (10 years from now...) when I decide to have kids, haha. I am not happy, however, to have hired a beast of a decorator. She definitely added a lot of stress on my wedding day by yelling at me and honestly, I could've done most of that myself (I was more pleased with the decorations we did, i.e. the cake, than what she did.) Nonetheless, it was still gorgeous and I was pleased with it, just not her.
Leaving the wedding was wonderful, seeing everyone with sparklers and leaving in a sweet black Denali (I think that's what it was, haha.) Thanks, mom!! Following our wedding day, we were able to spend a couple nights at the Hyatt Suites in Sandy. It was way nice and was fun just relaxing and hanging out. We also got to hangout with some family (Gramps and Granny, Mer Mer, etc) that was in town, which was definitely nice since we didn't get to talk much at the wedding. Not to mention we had plenty of Coldstone ice cream and yummy cake leftover to eat the next day, haha! :)
I could go on and on about the wonderful day we had and how excited I was to finally get to marry Levi, but I'll try to keep it somewhat short. I am so thankful for our parents giving us such a beautiful wedding that I'll never forget. Thank you, thank you! I love you all! :)
** I will eventually add pictures to all these posts when I have more time.
I'm a little late to be posting about this, but I'm finally getting around to blogging. We've now been married for almost a month; it's hard to believe how fast time flies! The 10 months we were engaged seemed to drag on because I couldn't wait to marry my best friend, now I can't believe how it has already come and gone. Not gunna lie, it makes me sad.
Our wedding was beautiful and all the personal touches turned out lovely. I do have my regrets, of course..the main one being that I wish I hadn't been such a bridezilla. I wish I hadn't stressed so much about every little detail, when most people probably didn't even notice them. I wish I would have listened to people when they told me to slow down and take the day in because it goes by fast.
I probably stressed the day of our wedding more than I actually sat down and realized what the day was about. That is the one thing I swore I wouldn't let happen. But after planning every detail for 10 months, it's hard not to care and want it to turn out perfectly. As I learned, however, life doesn't always go as expected and you can't control every little detail. Being the perfectionist/anal/detail-oriented person that I am, though, this is hard for me to realize in the moment. Looking back, though, I feel that it was certainly a learning moment.
Nonetheless, I feel like we still had a great time. It wasn't a super hoppin' party wedding, by all means, but it was exactly what I wanted. I didn't want a million people there, I didn't want to stand in a line all night waiting for people to shake my hand. We were able to just mingle and talk to people, which was nice.I think it turned out very nicely and for the most part, things went as planned. Of course, there are always gunna be problems. I.e. the bridesmaids 'bouquets' that I hated, getting lipstick on my dress, the candles in the aisle not lighting, etc etc. But overall, looking back, it was lovely and just so darn cute.
My favorite part was definitely the cake! It was our favorite: funfetti w/ rainbow chip frosting as the filling. AMAZING! Yum yum. Levi probably didn't find it as amazing when I smeared it across his entire face, haha. I also loved the DARLING flower girl dresses my grandma, Mer Mer, made and the cute bridesmaids outfits Brandi and I picked out (Mer Mer also made their skirts.) I loved my colors...which took me forever to decide on. They were so unique and freakin' cute! I do not regret taking pink out whatsoever. :) I loved my hair, my shoes. I loved the cute hairpieces Brandi made. I LOVED my cake decorations and the flags. Soo adorable. Honestly, I loved everything and I am so happy with all the little details of everything and I am so blessed to have an amazing family that helped me out with everything.
The pictures turned out amazing and I am so happy that I chose to hire a more expensive photographer. He's incredibly talented and I can't wait to use him in the future (10 years from now...) when I decide to have kids, haha. I am not happy, however, to have hired a beast of a decorator. She definitely added a lot of stress on my wedding day by yelling at me and honestly, I could've done most of that myself (I was more pleased with the decorations we did, i.e. the cake, than what she did.) Nonetheless, it was still gorgeous and I was pleased with it, just not her.
Leaving the wedding was wonderful, seeing everyone with sparklers and leaving in a sweet black Denali (I think that's what it was, haha.) Thanks, mom!! Following our wedding day, we were able to spend a couple nights at the Hyatt Suites in Sandy. It was way nice and was fun just relaxing and hanging out. We also got to hangout with some family (Gramps and Granny, Mer Mer, etc) that was in town, which was definitely nice since we didn't get to talk much at the wedding. Not to mention we had plenty of Coldstone ice cream and yummy cake leftover to eat the next day, haha! :)
I could go on and on about the wonderful day we had and how excited I was to finally get to marry Levi, but I'll try to keep it somewhat short. I am so thankful for our parents giving us such a beautiful wedding that I'll never forget. Thank you, thank you! I love you all! :)
** I will eventually add pictures to all these posts when I have more time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home