Friday, August 19, 2011

Honeymoon in Mexico

Where to start? (Warning, this will be long. I just want to remember all the little details!) Our honeymoon was INCREDIBLE! :) It was so so hard to come home after being gone in paradise for a week, that's for sure. On Sunday, July 10th, we flew out to Long Beach, CA (a scary/rough flight for me...I acted like I had never flown before and practically broke Levi's hand off from squeezing so hard @ take off) where we went to the Carnival cruise port to leave to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on a 7 day cruise. Let me just say, cruises are awesome! It was my first one and I am so glad that we chose to do that for our honeymoon. It was so nice not having to plan anything (other than our excursions aka activities @ the ports) and having all the food we could eat! It wasn't nice, however, coming back 12 pounds heaver haha! (Weight which I still have yet to lose, yuck yuck!) People definitely aren't kiddin when they tell you there is an abundance of food on a cruises. It's never ending! In fact, I don't know how they DON'T run out of food with that many people on board!

The first few days were rough for me. Levi had previously been on a short cruise, so it was easier for him, but I definitely got a little sea sick. Not to mention the tiny room made me feel claustrophobic, haha. After awhile, though, I got use to it and it was so much fun. There is a TON to do on the ship. It's like a city in and of itself! There was a casino, plenty of pools, several restaurants and bars, dance shows, a comedy club, dance clubs, stores, etc etc. It was awesome! My favorite activity on the ship was the comedy club...my least favorite was the casino because I lost money haha. Literally EVERY time I would walk away from roulette, my numbers would hit. 7 (my fave number to bet on) hit a million times...alllll when I wasn't sitting there betting. Suck.

The weather wasn't too great on the ship so I didn't get to lay out as much as I would have liked (it was pretty windy/rainy some days,) but going to the ports made up for the sucky weather. Cabo was so hot and absolutely beautiful! The first day there, we went on a boat/land/beach tour. We took a boat ride over to Land's End which was awesome to see. The Lover's Beach looked pretty neat, seeing the waves from 2 oceans (or bodies of water, I guess) crash into each other.Pretty dangerous. The sand was gorgeous and so was the blue water. Amazing! Then, we went to a beach club across the way...where we got to layout, each lunch and have a couple drinks. There was the coolest bar there that had some swings for chairs. So neat! No worries, we didn't drink much the entire trip. I think the alcohol must be diluted in Mexico. Let me just note, the vendors that walk around at the beach are SO annoying and obnoxious. I got so sick of saying "No thanks" or "No gracias" every time they tried to get us to buy something. Sheeesh. And I couldn't even hussle 'em down like everyone says ya can. Following that, we went into the city some more and went to a mall. It wasn't anything special, pretty much just like any mall in the US and the prices seemed to be more expensive. Pshhh. At the mall, we did go into some tequila store and tried some different flavors. It surprisingly wasn't bad.

The next day in Cabo (they cancelled the Mazatlan port due to some dangerous activity there) we just hungout, walked around the beach and later took a boat ride over to a beach bar called Mango Deck. Let's just say, that place could definitely get crazy if ya were drinkin. Man. We did have a few 2-for-1 drinks...one we had was a Mango drink and was probably the most heavenly thing I had ever tasted. Sadly, after buying souvenirs from the vendors and buying a few drinks, we ran out of the cash we had brought with us off the boat so I couldn't have more Mango drinks..but that's probably a good thing.

The days on the ship kind of blur together...when it  was only Tuesday, I started to get anxiety and wondered if I'd make it out alive being on a ship so long...but then by the time Sunday came around, I was so sad and didn't want to get off of it. We had fun eating, laughing, arguing, and mostly just having fun....with a big emphasis on the 'eating' part. I think we ate enough pizza, ice cream cones, and cheese burgers to feed a third world country. Not to mention the 'chocolate extravaganza' that made me want to puke. At least we got our money's worth just in food alone! :) We met some neat people, my favorites being the ones from Australia with awesome accents. I love 'em! Not to mention the thousands of workers on the ship that are from all over the world.

My favorite part of the trip was definitely Puerto Vallarta. This was, without doubt, paradise to me! GORGEOUS! We took an hour boat ride (that was pretty bumpy, might I add, making several people around us puke..ewww) to the "Las Caletas Beach hideaway." It was amazing. Out in the middle of nowhere...surrounded by amazing green hills (normally I hate green things like that haha, I'm weird...but it was beautiful) and amaaaazing palm trees (my favorite.) The best part of this was being able to lay in a hammock between 2 palm trees in my Kenny Chesney t-shirt (we went to his concert with Brandi and Blake -- w/ tickets we both won -- the night before we left on the cruise.....set up a Mexico vacation just perfectly. Love me some Kenny!)

Talk about HEAVEN. I literally could have stayed in that moment forever..or at least until my savings account ran dry and I couldn't afford to live there anymore lol. This day was one of the greatest days of my life, in 2nd to the day Levi and I spent at the park the first time we hungout and of course, our wedding. We got to eat an authentic Mexican lunch, drink some more diluted Mexican alcohol haha, hold a monkey and kiss a parrot, go snorkeling and kayaking. It was awesome and such a lovely day. It was rainy season there, but luckily we had perfect weather all day, until we got back to the port and it started to rain. At that point, we got back on the ship and still had a couple hours to kill, so we walked around the 'swamp meet' type thing where all the vendors were in one place. This time I couldn't complain much about them since it was their turf, haha.

Following Puerto Vallarta, it was kinda sad knowing we didn't have anywhere else to stop and the weather was pretty crappy...but it was still fun. I had a blast, even the times when we fought and got sick of each other. I would go on a cruise again in a heartbeat!! In fact, in my day dreams I'm already planning the next one, lol. It definitely opened my eyes up to the Mexican culture more and made me appreciate them a little bit. I most certainly didn't mind hearing so much Spanish while I was in Mexico, haha. I just hate hearing it so much in Utah. :) Speaking of which, coming back was nice because our parents, nieces and nephew met us at the airport. For some reason, I got all teary eyed seeing Tessa and having her run up to me when we came out, it was just so cute. I love and adore that little girl to the moon and back!

Once again, thank you mom, dad, Rod and Crystal, for such an amazing honeymoon that we will NEVER forget. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home